Dwarf Pink Opal
|Dwarf Pink Opal|
|Growth habit||dwarf, indet.|
|Leaf type||regular, rugose|
|Variety type||created heirloom, stabilized intentional cross|
- ***NEW 2017 Release from Dwarf Tomato Project***. OSSI-Pledged variety. Indet. dwarf (tree-type) plants with regular leaf rugose foliage. 1-3 oz round pink fruit, huge yield, very good flavor. (12 seeds / packet)
- Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 18 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 18
Year grown: 2017*
- Developed in the 2008-2017 by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from the Muddy line. Ray South created the Muddy line by crossing Black Cherry with Golden Dwarf Champion in 2008. It was selected and named by Susan Oliverson. Craig LeHoullier and Carol Knapp also contributed to the effort, and Bill Minkey carried out seed production for the initial release.
- Co-released by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds and The Sample Seed Shop in 2018.
- This variety is associated with the Open Source Seed Initiative (OSSI)
- The OSSI Pledge - " You have the freedom to use these OSSI seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents, or other means, and to include this pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives." The seed packets that you share or sell should include this information.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2018||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Heritage Tomato Seed - new
The Sample Seed Shop - new
Victory Seed Company - new
You can buy Dwarf Pink Opal seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!