Dwarf Mary's Cherry
|Dwarf Mary's Cherry|
|Growth habit||dwarf, indet.|
|Leaf type||regular, rugose|
|Fruit color||black, purple|
|Variety type||created heirloom, stabilized intentional cross|
- ***NEW 2017 Release from Dwarf Tomato Project***. OSSI-Pledged variety. Indet. dwarf (tree-type) plants with regular leaf rugose foliage. 2-3 oz purple fruit, round to oval, excellent yield and flavor. (12 seeds / packet)
- Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 18 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 18
Year grown: 2017*
- Developed in the 2010-2017 by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from the Hazy line. Vince Lavallo created the Hazy family by crossing Purple Haze with Dwarf Wild Fred in 2010. Susan Oliverson selected, named and stabilized Dwarf Mary's Cherry, with additional work by Justin Sieglaff. Bill Minkey produced the seed for the initial release in 2017.
- Released by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2018.
- This variety is associated with the Open Source Seed Initiative (OSSI)
- The OSSI Pledge - " You have the freedom to use these OSSI seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents, or other means, and to include this pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives." The seed packets that you share or sell should include this information.
- More information about the development of this cultivar can be found on the Dwarf Tomato Project website.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2018||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Dwarf Mary's Cherry seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!