Dwarf Mandurang Moon
|Dwarf Mandurang Moon|
|Growth habit||dwarf, indet.|
|Leaf type||potato, rugose|
|Fruit shape||plum, oval|
|Variety type||created heirloom, stabilized intentional cross|
- ***NEW 2017 Release from Dwarf Tomato Project***. OSSI-Pledged variety. Indet. dwarf (tree-type) plants with potato leaf rugose foliage. Oval to plum white cherry, high yield, excellent flavor. (12 seeds / packet)
- Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 18 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 18
Year grown: 2017*
- Developed in the 2009-2017 by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from the Snowy line.
- The Snowy family was created by Ray South in 2009 by crossing Snow White Cherry with a red F2 selection from the Sleepy line. Dwarf Mandurang Moon was selected and named by Gregg Muller. He and Susan Oliverson carried out the majority of the subsequent work, aided by Patrina Nuske Small, Linda Black, and Craig LeHoullier. Bill Minkey generated the release sample of seed in 2017.
- This variety is associated with the Open Source Seed Initiative (OSSI)
- The OSSI Pledge - " You have the freedom to use these OSSI seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents, or other means, and to include this pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives." The seed packets that you share or sell should include this information.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2018||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Heritage Tomato Seed - new
The Sample Seed Shop - new
Victory Seed Company - new
You can buy Dwarf Mandurang Moon seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!