|Growth habit||dwarf, indet.|
|Leaf type||regular, rugose|
|Fruit color||yellow, striped|
|Variety type||created heirloom, stabilized intentional cross|
- ***NEW 2017 Release from Dwarf Tomato Project***. OSSI-Pledged variety. Indet. dwarf (tree-type) plants with regular leaf rugose foliage. 8-10 oz yellow fruit with pink stripes, good yield, excellent sweet flavor, beautiful. (12 seeds / packet)
- Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 18 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 18
Year grown: 2017*
- Developed in the 2011-2017 by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from the Beauty line.
- Vince Lavallo created the Beauty family by crossing Beauty King with Dwarf Wild Fred in 2011. Dwarf Confetti was selected and named by Craig LeHoullier, with additional work carried out by Richard Watson, Susan Dzejachok, Dee Sackett, Laurie Sutherland, Nancy Ruhl, Karl Johnson, and Doug Frank. The release quantity of seed was grown by Bill Minkey in 2017.
- This variety is associated with the Open Source Seed Initiative (OSSI)
- The OSSI Pledge - " You have the freedom to use these OSSI seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents, or other means, and to include this pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives." The seed packets that you share or sell should include this information.
- More information about the development of this cultivar can be found on the Dwarf Tomato Project website.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2018||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Heritage Tomato Seed - new
The Sample Seed Shop - new
Victory Seed Company - new
You can buy Dwarf Confetti seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!