|Fruit type||slicer, canner|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, family heirloom|
- indet., regular leaf plant with high yield of red round medium-large size fruits, very good taste.
- Seed Source
- 1. Reimer Seeds
- 2. Seed Savers Exchange 11
- 3. Darrel Jones, Hamilton, Alabama 11|2008 (#1), 2011 (#2)}}
- 4. Maryse Roux, Quebec, Canada 06
- a.k.a. Drushba or Druzhba. Large vines, need caging or staking. First maturity about 80 days. Fruits are typically about 6 oz. smooth red globes, a nicely balanced flavor. Druzba is a good producer throughout later summer and well into the fall. The fruits exhibit a little longitudinal cracking in wet weather.
- Reimer Seeds / NY MA C 93 (Carolyn Male, NY) / Norbert Parreira, France
Year: 93, 97, 99-02
Location: Augusta, Michigan
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf, 12 oz to 1 lb fruit with excellent taste, good yield.
- Reimer Seeds / MI FL J 95 (Jeff Fleming, Michigan) / NY MA C 93 (Carolyn Male, NY) / Norbert Parreira, France
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Family heirloom from Bulgaria, featured in Carolyn J. Male's book "100 Heirloom Tomatoes for the American Garden".
- Carolyn states “Norbert Parreira of Hellimer, France, who provided the seeds (to Carolyn), identified them as Bulgarian in origin…. (the word druzhba means “friendship” in Bulgarian). The USDA listed this variety as Drushba, and it was identical to the variety from Mr. Parreira.”
- This variety was introduced to the Seed Saver's Exchange in the early 1990s and is listed in the Garden Seed Inventory 6th edition as having 22 commercial sources in 2004, which is testimony to its quality and popularity.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Druzba (B.C MC D) - flower. 2008-07-18.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Druzba (Maryse Roux) - flower. 2008-07-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Druzba (B.C MC D) - baby fruit. 2008-07-18.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Druzba (Maryse Roux) - baby fruit. 2008-07-18.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Druzba (Maryse Roux) - baby fruit. 2008-07-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Druzba (B.C MC D) - baby fruit. 2008-07-27.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Druzba - ripe fruit. August 29, 2011.
You can buy Druzba seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||round +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer + and canner +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||B.C KO T +, MI FL J + and IL LO N +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and family heirloom +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Pinetree Seeds +, Tomato Growers Supply +, TomatoFest +, Sand Hill Preservation Center +, Skyfire Garden Seeds +, Totally Tomatoes +, Reimer Seeds +, Heirloom Seeds +, Heirloom Tomatoes +, Solana Seeds +, The Sample Seed Shop +, Delectation of Tomatoes +, Heritage Harvest Seed +, Heritage Tomato Seed +, Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds +, Knapp's Fresh Vegies + and Burpee +|