Bulgarian, Tozala Egpu
|Bulgarian, Tozala Egpu|
- Indet., regular leaf, strong and bushy plants with very good foliage cover. Medium to large red beefsteaks, 8-14 oz, juicy and meaty, with excellent flavor, more acidic than sweet. I had hard time germinating the seeds, but I am so glad I succeeded, as there are no seed sources listed in 2012!
- John Seewald, New Jersey 07
Year grown: 2012
- indet, regular leaf, red, good yields, excellent taste, perfectly balanced flavor with wonderful sweet and pleasing acid, firm meat, nice texture. 10-12 oz.
- Originally from Bulgaria.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2001 Yearbook by Dennis and Linda Schlicht of Center Point, Iowa (IA SC D), who obtained the seed from Durina Hollenbeck in 1999.
- SSE TOMATO 5439.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Bulgarian Tozala Egpu - plant. 2012-06-28.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Bulgarian Tozala Egpu - flower. 2012-06-28.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Bulgarian Tozala Egpu - ripe fruit. 2012-09-08.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Bulgarian Tozala Egpu - ripe fruit. 2012-09-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Bulgarian Tozala Egpu - sliced fruit. 2012-09-17.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Bulgarian, Tozala Egpu seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||beefsteak +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* Originally from Bulgaria.
|Member||B.C KO T + and GERM KN T +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +|