Brandywine, OTV (Off The Vine)
|Brandywine, OTV (Off The Vine)|
|Variety type||stabilized accidental cross|
- Large indet., potato leaf, large red beefsteak fruit, 8-16 oz, ribbed shoulders. Excellent balanced flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
Year grown: 2006, 2014 (crop failure), 2015
- 90 days, potato leaf plant, good yield of 1 lb, red beefsteak fruit, very good flavor.
- Reimer Seeds / Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C) 97
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- 80 days, indet., potato leaf, red with orange shoulders, great flavor, large to very large fruit, shows heat tolerance, good foliage cover, favorite.
Year grown: 2012
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- Beefsteak, good taste
- Reimer Seeds / M. Hahm-Hartmann
Year grown: 2012
- A natural cross of Yellow Brandywine and an unknown red parent; de-hybridized by Carolyn Male (NY MA C) for five years; named and released by Carolyn Male and Craig LeHoullier (NC LE C) in 1996.
- SSE TOMATO 4018.
- "OTV" in the name stands for "Off the Vine".
- One of the 100 heirloom tomatoes noted in Carolyn J. Male's book "100 Heirloom Tomatoes for the American Garden".
Also known as
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Brandywine OTV - flower, 2012-08-02.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Brandywine OTV - ripe fruit. 2015-09-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Brandywine OTV - ripe fruit. 2015-10-01.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Brandywine OTV - sliced fruit. 2015-09-16.
You can buy Brandywine, OTV (Off The Vine) seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!