|Fruit shape||heart, oval, plum|
|Fruit type||slicer, paste|
- Indet., regular leaf. Large pink heart-shaped fruits, 8-16 oz. Outstanding sweet flavor. Very few seeds.
- Valeriy Popenko, Semei, Kazakhstan 11 / CV Sibirskiy Sad 11
Year grown: 2017
- This is a Russian commercial variety Bliznetsy ('Gemini'), introduced in 2009 by Russian CV 'Sibirskiy Sad' as part of their 'Tomato Horoscope' collection.
- Vended by a number of Russian commercial seed vendors in the late 2000s, including 'Sibirskiy Sad'.
- First introduced commercially in North America by Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds in 2010, under translated name Gemini.
- Unfortunately there is another tomato called Gemini that exists in North America (SSE Yearbooks). This tomato is red, and it is an entirely different variety not related to this one.
Russian name: Близнецы (horoscope sign)
- The name means 'Gemini' in Russian.
Description in Russian
- "Крупноплодный, детерминантный сорт высотой до 1м. В кисти формируется 5-6 удлиненно-овальных ровных плода малинового цвета, средней массой 220гр. Прекрасная лежкость."
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Bliznetsy - sliced fruit. 2017-09-16.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2018||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2012||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds||.||.|
|2010||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds - new||0||0|
You can buy Bliznetsy seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!