|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- Compact indet., regular leaf, lemon-yellow oblate globes 6-10 oz, with very good acidic flavor with a hint of citrus. Good yields. Matures quite early for such a large tomato.
- Seed Source
- Reimer Seeds / Tomato Growers Supply 05|2005, 2010}}
- 60-70 days, indet., regular leaf, good yield of 120-300 g yellow beefsteaks with nice tangy citrus flavor.
- Reimer Seeds /a gardening friend from Russia
Year: 2007, 2009
Location: Minsk, Belarus, Eastern Europe
- 67 days, indet., regular leaf, average production of 6-10 oz deep yellow fruit.
- Reimer Seeds
- Yellow beefsteak type, regular leaf, indet., meaty.
- Reimer Seeds
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- Large vines need caging or staking, 78 days, large (6-12 oz for me) bright golden yellow round to slightly flattened juicy fruit, very good tangy fruity flavor, productive for a long time. This is one of the better yellow varieties, recommended.
- Reimer Seeds / Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C)
Year: 1997, 2003
Location: Augusta, Michigan
- 69 days Plant was fast to grow but did not thrive as well over time. Average productivity, much variability in size of fruit. Taste is very good.
- Reimer Seeds / Firefox seeds, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Location: a rooftop in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Oblate yellow fruit with excellent flavor. Indet, regular Leaf, medium plants, 6-8 oz average size, 75 days.
- Reimer Seeds / Andrey Baranovski of Minsk, Belarus (BELR BA A) 08
Year: 2009, 2011
Location: LaFollette, Tennessee, USA
- 60-65 days, indet., regular leaf, average production of 6-12 oz yellow beefsteaks with good flavor.
Year: 2005, 2006
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- 77 days. Regular leaf. Moderate production, only about 2lb per plant. Seemed to suffer from the heat quite a bit. Good sized fruit, oblate and pleated (very non-uniform) about 3-4" across. Excellent flavour, slightly fruity and with low acidity.
- Reimer Seeds / Meighan, Vancouver, BC.
Location: Nelson, BC, Canada.
- Russian heirloom (non-commercial variety), bred by a hobby gardener Valentina Petrovna Kruglova.
- The original name of this variety is Azochka (without "y"). It has also been known under the second name, Zolotoy Borago, in the former USSR since at least the 1980s (according to Andrey BELR BA A).
- Twelve commercial sources were noted for 2004 in the Garden Seed Inventory 6th edition. A number of commercial vendors were selling potato-leaf Azoychka, which was an incorrect type, in the early 2000s. This error has now been corrected by the majority of the seed vendors.
Russian name: Азочка
- ('Azochka') Azochka is a nickname for an Arabic female name, 'Aza', which means 'comfort'. In Russia, this name was common in a Jewish population in the early/mid 20th century.
Description in Russian
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Azoychka - plant. 2010-05-22.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Azoychka - flowers. 2010-05-22.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Azoychka - baby fruit. 2010-07-03.
Ted Maiden (TN MA T): Azoychka - green fruit. 2009.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Azoychka - ripe fruit. 2010-08-28.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Azoychka - ripe fruit. 2010-08-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Azoychka - sliced fruit. 2010-08-16.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Azoychka - sliced, 2004-02-16
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Azoychka - sliced.
|Description in Russian|
|Fruit color||yellow +|
|Fruit shape||oblate +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* Russian heirloom (non-commercial variety … * Russian heirloom (non-commercial variety), bred by a hobby gardener Valentina Petrovna Kruglova.
|Member||B.C KO T +, BELR BA A +, CT BE J +, GERM SC K +, MI FL J +, QC CA C +, TN MA T +, TX AN S + and B.C GI K +|
|Russian name||Азочка +|
|Translation||('Azochka') Azochka is a nickname for an Arabic female name, 'Aza', which means 'comfort'. In Russia, this name was common in a Jewish population in the early/mid 20th century.|
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and heirloom +|
|Vendor||Tomato Growers Supply +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, TomatoFest +, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds +, Reimer Seeds +, Casey's Heirloom Tomatoes of Airdrie +, Heirloom Tomatoes +, Heritage Tomato Seed +, Solana Seeds +, The Sample Seed Shop +, Blue Ribbon Tomatoes +, Delectation of Tomatoes +, Gourmet Seed International +, Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds + and Knapp's Fresh Vegies +|