- Compact indet., regular leaf, red oblate fruits, slightly ruffled, 4-8 oz. Heavy producer. Very good flavor and nice texture.
- ONT HU J 06 (Jennifer Hutson, Ontario, Canada) / BELR BA A (Andrey Baranovski of Minsk, Belarus)
Year grown: 2011 (crop failure), 2012
- Russian commercial variety introduced in the early 2000s.
- Alesha Popovich (alt. Alyosha Popovich) is one of the three famous 'bogatyrs' (Alesha Popovich, Ilya Muromets, and Dobrynya Nikitich) in Russian folklore. See  for details.
- There are three Russian tomatoes named after each 'bogatyr', and this is one of them.
Russian name: Алеша Попович.
Olga Golikova, BC. Alesha Popovich - ripe fruit. 2012-08-21.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Alesha Popovich - ripe fruit. 2012-09-10.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Alesha Popovich - sliced fruit. 2012-09-10.
=More Pictures (plants, green fruit, etc.) Image: Alesha Popovich Plant1.jpg=
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Alesha Popovich seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!