|Fruit shape||long, slim|
|Scoville Heat Units (SHU)||30,000 - 50,000|
- (C. bacattum) Tall and lanky plants with narrow leaves grow to 3-4' tall. Heavy fruit set quite early in the season. Beautiful slim long peppers mature from pale green to brilliant red. 0.75 x 4". Delicious hot flavor, with nice fruity undertones. High yields. Dries easily.
- Jeannine Chalmers, Coquitlam, BC, Canada 12 / CV?
Year grown: 2013
- Originated in Peru. Some sources say that it came from La Paz, Bolivia.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1996 Yearbook by Stephen Fox of Plano, Texas (TX FO S), who purchased seeds from Johnny's Selected Seeds . Not listed by SSE members since 2006.
- Perhaps due to its somewhat generic name, there are some other peppers with the same name exist - i.e., small round red.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Aji Rojo - plant. 2013-07-10.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Aji Rojo - ripening fruits. 2013-07-10.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Aji Rojo - ripe fruit. 2013-07-02.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Aji Rojo - ripe fruits. 2013-07-14.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Aji Rojo - ripe fruits. 2013-07-18.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Aji Rojo - ripe fruits. 2013-08-08.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2013|| Trade Winds Fruit
You can buy Aji Rojo seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!